GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

After windows update only sign in option for windows is a

Customer Question

After windows update only sign in option for windows is a password. My daughter had been using a pin and can't remember the password.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? What version of Windows are you running?
Customer: Lenovo yoga, windows 10
JA: What's the model of your Lenovo?
Customer: I don't know. It's the 11.6 in that flips to a tablet. But there's no sticker on it with a number.
JA: When did you purchase your Lenovo? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Nov 2016. Went on another computer and reset her outlook.compassword ***** it do
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Sorry. Reset outlook.com password ***** another computer but still didn't work. Can't get into bios setup to try anything there. It won't connect to Wi-Fi from the logon screen.
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this problem. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Underneath the password ***** do you see Sign-In Options? If you see it, please click on it and choose login with pin. If you don't see Sign-In options, please let me know whether there you see an email address or just a user name above the password *****

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No sign in option. That was the first thing I looked for. It's an email address above the.password *****
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for that information. There should be a wifi icon and a battery icon on the screen that you swipe to get to the actual login page. Are you not seeing that either?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Wi-Fi button says no networks. There's an ease of access button and a power button. No battery button. Nothing else to swipe.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

If you're not seeing that either and there really is no way to connect the Lenovo Yoga to the internet, then your only option is to do a reset. There are 3 models, the original Lenovo Yoga and the Lenovo Yoga 2 and 3. Do you know which of those models you have? Once I know that I can provide reset instructions. If you can find a serial number I can look up the model # with that

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The model number is *****
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

I apologize for the delay in responding. It seems that this is the original Lenovo Yoga. Here are two methods to reset it. Please note: Resetting will wipe out all information on the device and restore it to factory settings.

First method:

1. At the very beginning hold down the Power button in order to switch off the tablet.
  2. In the next step press and hold the Volume Up + Power key at the same time for a few seconds.
  3. You should release held keys when you see menu on your screen.
  4. Then press Volume Up to select option "Recovery Mode", and press Volume Down button to confirm.
  5. When the Android Image appears on the screen hold down the Power key for a short while.
  6. Press Volume Down to choose "wipe data/factory reset", and then push the Volume Up button to confirm.
  7. Select "Yes--delete all user data". Use Volume Down button to scroll and Volume Up key to select.
  8. To restart select "reboot system now".

Second method:

1. Turn on the device by using the Power button.
  2. Next go to Settings and then to Backup & reset.
  3. Tap Factory Data Reset and select Reset..
  4. Enter safety code and choose Erase Everything
  5. Select OK to confirm.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

I am about to log off for the day. However, I want to be sure that this works for you. I will check back in with you later this evening to see if you need further help.

If this one of these methods works fo ryou and resolves your problem, please take a moment to rate my service. I'd really appreciate it! As an independent consultant, I am only paid for my work if I receive a positive rating. I work very hard to offer excellent service. You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page and then clicking on submit. If this does not resolve the problem, please let me know so we can continue troubleshooting. I am committed to working with you until your problem has been resolved. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Didn't work. Went straight.to logon screen, same as before.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What you sent me looks like instructions for a phone? This laptop on windows based not android.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I found what I needed. For future reference, there is a tiny hole with a reset button to the right of the power button. It brings up a boot option screen from which I chose recovery. Then I just followed screen prompts to reset the computer.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.
I'm really glad that you were able to reset it. Have a great evening!