Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I need help with clearing my flash rom for the bios. I have

Customer Question

I need help with clearing my flash rom for the bios. I have a HP pavillion 6130y and it is not starting because of the blue screen of death. I have a program to fix it, but I need to clear the bios password ***** I can access it and change it to the dyd running first. There are NO jumpers in this computer, only a chip that regulates the bios. How do I go about clearing out the password ***** I can FINALLY start the repair program?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your HP? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: I just gave you the make and model. I am running windows 7
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Probably. The computer does it automatically.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, just help me clear the damn password ***** I'll do the rest. Thanks!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jay D replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such troubles and I will try my best to help you. I'm a computer business owner based in Scotland - UK. I have over 10 years experience in computing and a Bsc Bachelors Degree in Computer Science.

I will try and assist you, please give me a few moments to go over the question and I will look into this for you. Please be aware that we are very busy and you may have to wait for a response, replies to you are not always instant. We appreciate your patience.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you, jay!
Expert:  Jay D replied 5 months ago.

what is the make and model of the computer?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is a pavillion p6130y desktop computer. It is about five years old. There are no jumper cables in this system, only an IC chip that is the flash rom, which controls the bios. I pulled out the battery several times, but it doesn't seem to do anything, even after I disconnected everything (except the screen).
Expert:  Jay D replied 5 months ago.

Okay i will look into this now and get back to you ASAP.

Expert:  Jay D replied 5 months ago.

can you try entering any random password ***** - 5 times and see if it gives you a code?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No, it reboots.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
All I need from you is to tell me how to clear the password ***** the bios.
Expert:  Jay D replied 5 months ago.

i understand that, in some systems if you do what I said y7ou get a code and there is a website where you can enter the code and get the password. removing bios passwords is not fast and by no means easy. It is supposed to give protection and therefore difficult and in some cases impossible.

Expert:  Jay D replied 5 months ago.

can you try removing the bios battery, disconnecting the power and holding the power button for 2 minutes?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
You know what, forget it! I think I want my money back. This isn't working. Thanks anyway!
Expert:  Jay D replied 5 months ago.

I am not sure what you expected, but there is no quick way about this, I just gave you another suggestion to try.