Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My email is. Sorry, I got a phone call. This email is

Customer Question

My email is***@******.***. Sorry, I got a phone call. This email is through Yahoo. There has been no problems for months but now I am getting a pop-up telling me to reset my password. When it pops up it stops me from typing or communicating both through my email or my companies exchange Outlook
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: probably 3 days
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes I think I did from Office 365 about the time this started.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I don't think so. If he or she want to call -(###) ###-####
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I advise you to change your password ***** carefully! being sure of what you are typing, and that you are not in CapsLock (ALL CAPS) mode - and then that popup ought to go away.

A recent change-of-password ***** was required or strongly invited, by Yahoo! Mail, to remedy a recent 'security lapse' or some such. So this may be quite legitimate - and will help safeguard you, if you do the change-of-password ***** and rightly.

(Do not try to change back to the same password ***** previously - that would not secure your account at all.)

Let me know how that goes, and whether this cure is OK and goes OK, please.