Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

It is dead. last night, my computer maybe pop sound and the

Customer Question

It is dead. last night, my computer maybe pop sound and the screen went black. When I tried to reboot nothing happened. But when it is plugged into the power supply a little light blinks on my Lock button.
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And how long has the screen been an issue?
Customer: I have a flex three Lenovo. And this happened last night.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No I have not updated my computer recently. It is set for automatic updates.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

The Pop sound is nearly always a blown capacitor in the power supply that stops it working correctly, but just in case we will remove any residue power from the computer in the event this causes the issue.

Can you please disconnect the power cable from the computer then hold the power button in for 60 seconds then release.

Then connect the power cable, power it on and tell me if it now starts correctly please

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The light on the capslk key blinks but that is the only thing that happens
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How can you do that if it will not boot up?
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

I cannot if it wont start, that is for a phone call.

But it is straightforward, it is the power supply that has failed, it works but it does not generate the watts needed to run the computer as a capacitor blew, thats the sound you heard

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the computer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you