GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

I am the phone with someone now. They are saying my I am

Customer Question

I am the phone with someone now. They are saying my I am being hacked. They want me to buy a widow defender key license key.
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: Dell
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this problem. It would be my pleasure to assist you. This DEFINITELY a scam. I advise you to hang up immediately!

Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

If you would like to be sure that your computer is free of viruses, malware, and spyware I can provide detailed step by step instructions for scanning and cleaning your computer using free tools. I just need to know what operating system you have on your computer. If you're not sure, please click this link and tell me what you see:

http://whatsmyos.com/

Anytime that anyone calls you out of the blue to tell you that you are being hacked or that you have a virus, it is a scam. Legitimate companies don't contact you by phone like that.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

.