Louie, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

When I try to save the signal from my Panasonic Digital

Customer Question

When I try to save the signal from my Panasonic Digital camera that goes to the Kworld DVD Maker 2 as a TV Signal I get the video clip running the the viewing screen of the Power Director 12, which came bundled with the DVD Maker, I get the video clip showing in the Viewing Area of the computer screen but nothing in the captured area. I cannot find anything in the Power Director Manual to tell me how to capture the clip content, I have Windows Home Premium 7 on my computer and a 249GB solid state C drive. Could you please tell me which symbol on the screen I need to click to achieve this. Thanking you. ******* ********@******.***

Category: Computer
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete make and model number of the "...Panasonic Digital camera..." Additionally, please describe how the Panasonic Digital camera is connected to the Kworld DVD Maker 2 using what kind of cable(s).

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Dear Louie, My Camera is a Panasonic Digital Video Camera Model NV GS5, It comes with an AV cable for connecting the camera to a TV screen. One end of the cable plugs into the camera, the other end splits into two sections, one is an RCA type plug, the other splits into three plugs, red, white and yellow. I have used these for watching the digital tapes on TV screens. My process for trying to save the tapes on the computer is as follows, I connect the camera to the DVD maker using the three colored plugs connect the DVD maker, using the cable that came with it. to a USB port on the computer . I then turn on the computer and open up the Power Director, set the camera to Video mode and then select the import video from a TV signal and press the play button on the camera, This results in the video clips appearing on both the camera screen and the viewing window of the power director screen. I cannot find any icon to select Save on the computer screen. Is there some action I should carry out before I do this. I would like to find out how to do this. Thanking you, Michael *

Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

Appreciate the additional information Michael.

Look for and go to Capture Mode. Then select Analog Video Capture.