1.The last two times I tried to skype someone, I couldn't

Customer Question
1.The last two times I...
1.The last two times I tried to skype someone, I couldn't hear the person I was calling, though they could hear me. I haven't been able to check since then if the problem still exists as there is noone available online. I could call the person's mobile and talk, using my account. 2. when I next logged in, I showed as online but after some time, it switched to invisible of its own accord and could not be switched back to online.
JA: Have you checked your internet connection?
Customer: there was nothing wrong with my internet connection at the time. I have just downloaded skype anew and spoken to someone on their mobile, using skype account. i am reporting a problem occurred. I wonder if there is any way i can check with you if it's possible to talk skype to skype - with you perhaps.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes, after i had problem 1.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i don't think so.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
5/11/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Michelle, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

You can check the sound settings on your own using the Skype call settings.

Click on the Contacts tab you will see the first option Echo / Sound test service click on it and follow the steps you will come to know what wrong with your sound settings.

If you need remote assistance online let me know i can fix it for you right in front of your eyes.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Need remote assistance?

Andy, Computer Consultant