Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I got a phone call from "Verizon" who said they'd received

Customer Question

I got a phone call from "Verizon" who said they'd received many reports of problems on my computer. They fast talked me into giving them control over my system. Getting more susipious, I asked them to replace all my documents & folders from my front page. Then I told them you are my server&tech company. They wanted me to give them just $ 5, to fix it all. Realizing I'd have to pay for this with a credit card, I told them to cease & desist & put my computer together. It's still not right. Can you help me?.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: It's a VERY OLD Dell, 1998. I think the model is X...
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The computer still does all I want it to..make phane reservtions, hotel, my MK business. There are no monetary items they could gain, for I don't bank online, and purchase very little. What can I do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. First, you were right to be suspicious. Verizon will not make an initial contact and they do not monitor individual computers. What about your computer do you now think is not quite right?

Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

Do you still need help with your computer?