Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have a Nokia phone. The home screen has gone completely

Customer Question

I have a Nokia phone. The home screen has gone completely blank. I can change the background colour and the ringtone volume but that's all. I've tried turning it on and off several times. Any ideas
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And how long has the screen been an issue?
Customer: Not sure. about model. Screen has been an issue for a couple of days. I can't access any details because there's nothing to access
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mr.med. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue, What is the model of your Nokia phone please? eg : Nokia 800 Lumia

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 4 months ago.

Can you tell me what is the model of your Nokia phone please? eg : Nokia 800 Lumia

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry, just trying to find out from a colleague. Is there anything on the casing that would give me a clue?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
When I touch the arrow, the windows icon and the search icon, the phone buzzes but nothing happens
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 4 months ago.

Can you find/locate your phone in this link please : https://www.microsoft.com/en/mobile/phones/lumia/#order_by=latest

Let me know

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It might be the 950 5.2"
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can receive calls
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 4 months ago.

Did you reset your phone? also Do you have a backup of your data (Images, videos, documents ect...)?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Don't know how to reset. Nothing saved apart from contacts. Just a work phone
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 4 months ago.

Please reset your phone by following the steps below :

1. Turn off your Phone and Press and hold the Volume down and Power buttons at the same time until you feel a vibration (about 10 to 15 seconds).
  2. When you feel the vibration, release the buttons, and then immediately press and hold the Volume down button until you see a large exclamation mark.
  3. Once the exclamation mark appears, press the following four buttons in this order: Volume up, Volume down, Power, Volume down. Your phone should now reset and restart itself. (It might take a while for the reset to finish.)

Let me know the results

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
When i hold power button and volume button down together it just turns the phone back on
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 4 months ago.

press Volume down before pressing the Power button please

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I held volume down 5 seconds then power. Same result
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 4 months ago.

Can you try this please : turn off your phone, and then, press and hold the volume down + Camera + menu keys.

Press the power button until your phone vibrates.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I only have power and volume. Where are the camera and menu keys?
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 4 months ago.

Please watch this tutorial video and let me know the results : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCjJrqFzIug

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I watched this, but his phone has a screen that works. I have no screen.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 4 months ago.

Just to be sure and avoid asking you to do try something twice, can you confirm that you’ve done these things, because this is the only solution to fix this issue :

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
When i hold the power and volume buttons down for 15 seconds there is no vibration and the phone just turns itself on again.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have tried this at least ten times
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 4 months ago.

Please use the Windows Device Recovery Tool and let me know if you fix the issue : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12379/windows-10-mobile-device-recovery-tool-faq

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can't download this on my Mac???
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry buy You need a windows computer, try to install Virtual box then install Windows 7 on it

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This isn't helping me
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

When you power the phone on, is anything showing on the screen during the start process?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I took my phone to a shop and the guy was able to reset it.
Thanks anyway
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

No problem, without the model it is hard to do as each has its own reset procedure (seeing the phone would tell the model)

If we can assist you with anything else, please let us know