Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I need to activate Windows 8 on my laptop. I've tried online

Customer Question

I need to activate Windows 8 on my laptop. I've tried online for the past 2 years but it keeps giving me an Error code: 0xC004F012. It takes hours and sometimes a whole day to go through updates only to undo whatever was updated because there was a problem updating windows. I have had to reset windows several times already with my files untouched but other software have been removed. I contacted Best Buy and the rep could not understand my issue at hand. so he referred me to Microsoft. How do I activate Windows 8/8.1?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Asus Q501L Windows 8.1 x86
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Updates try to install but end up undoing them.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just need to activate Windows 8/8.1
Category: Computer
Expert:  UranIT replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Serge and I will try my best to assist you.

Is PC currently online?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it is currently online.
Expert:  UranIT replied 4 months ago.

If you'd like, I can remote into the PC, and try fixing the issue right on your screen?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can you instruct me through the process? I'm to pay $36 total when we are done, right?
Expert:  UranIT replied 4 months ago.

I can try solving the issue vie Secure remote Support, but if you'd like to continue in chat, I will opt out and next available expert can give you directions here in chat for no additional charges

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'd like to continue in chat. Thank you.
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 4 months ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a tech expert with 17 years of experience and will help you as good as I can.

The previous expert has opted out of your question and no other expert did answer you afterward because this problem cannot be solved text based. We´d have to see your computer, analyze several log files, the registry, system files, then fix whatever the error is. Even for an expert, this will take about 1 hour or longer (most likely). So, the only way to solve this for you, would be to connect to your computer. Are you sure you do not want that at all? Because then, most likely, your question will not be processed further as it is impossible to solve this via a simple chat.

If you want someone to fix this for you remotely, please just request a remote assistance and we can go ahead. If the problem cannot be solved remotely, then you can get a refund of course - our work is 100% guaranteed.

Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck