Sean T
Sean T,
Experience:  Owner at Sean T. Custom PC
98884837

I need to update my tomtom but have had problems with my

Customer Question

I need to update my tomtom but have had problems with my computer and no longer have the app. can I recover it
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: About a week I had to have windows 10 reinstalled.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Windows is alread
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: windows is already installed and was done by a tech but I am not to smart and did not have a restore disc
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sean T replied 5 months ago.

Hi there, I'm Sean. I'd be glad to help you.

First of all, do you know the model number of your TomTom? What type of TomTom device do you have? A GPS?

You should be able to find the model number printed on the back of the device.

I'd be glad to point you to the correct software and drivers once I have more information.

Thanks,

Sean @ Sean T. Custom PC

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Model #4EN52Z1230 Type of Device GPS.
Expert:  Sean T replied 5 months ago.

Thank you.

For this device, it looks like you'll need MyDrive Connect. Follow this link and look under MYDRIVE APP FOR WINDOWS:

https://www.tomtom.com/en_us/mydrive-connect/

Download that and set it up and it should be able to connect to your GPS when you have it hooked up.

Let me know if this works for you, and if so, please rate and hit accept. If this doesn't work, just let me know, and we'll continue troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Sean @ Sean T. Custom PC

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I just put out money for nothing. I ask a question and was directed to this site. Like an idiot I jumped in. Then while I was waiting I went to tomtom figured it out Learned a lesson.
Expert:  Sean T replied 5 months ago.

Sorry about that, sometimes it works out that way. Sometimes you end up finding the information you need without help.

If my answer helped you though, please accept and rate, and I'd be glad to help you with any other issues.

Thanks,

Sean @ Sean T. Custom PC

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No I had the fix before you answered.