Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My Asus Chromebook repeatedly shuts down when operating on

Customer Question

My Asus Chromebook repeatedly shuts down when operating on battery alone and when the storage gets below 50%, particularly down around 35%. I can restart it, but this soon repeats again.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jay D replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such troubles and I will try my best to help you. I'm a computer business owner based in Scotland - UK. I have over 10 years experience in computing and a Bsc Bachelors Degree in Computer Science.

I will try and assist you, please give me a few moments to go over the question and I will look into this for you. Please be aware that we are very busy and you may have to wait for a response, replies to you are not always instant. We appreciate your patience.

Expert:  Jay D replied 4 months ago.

so it only shuts down like this when running on the battery? how old is the chromebook?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It's about 4 months old, but has been doing this since nearly new
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Are you familiar with any setting on Chromebooks that could cause this?
Expert:  Jay D replied 4 months ago.

it certainly shouldn't be shutting down like this if the battery have 35 - 50 % left, I suspect that the battery is faulty, yes I am familiar with chromebooks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm afraid that was a fairly iffy answer to my problem. I am not impressed enough by it to spend another $39. Gary
Expert:  Jay D replied 4 months ago.

you don't need to spend another $39 that is optional and an automated popup generated by the site.