Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Remote computer isn't responding to connections on port 80

Customer Question

Remote computer isn't responding to connections on port 80 using ChromeThis is a PC with a wired connection on Windows 10Will be running Norton Eraser and https://www.expressvpn.com/support/troubleshooting/google-chrome-no-proxy/Jerry
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jay D replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such troubles and I will try my best to help you. I'm a computer business owner based in Scotland - UK. I have over 10 years experience in computing and a Bsc Bachelors Degree in Computer Science.

I will try and assist you, please give me a few moments to go over the question and I will look into this for you. Please be aware that we are very busy and you may have to wait for a response, replies to you are not always instant. We appreciate your patience.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It has been 2 hours! Please advise in the next 30 minutes or make my question available for another expert!!!I think you are grabbing questions and answering later than JA CS approves.30 minutes and then release.Jerry
Expert:  Jay D replied 5 months ago.

Hi for some reason my reply was not sent, I was asking you to confirm exactly what it is you are trying to do?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
When going to web sites, I am gettingemote computer isn't responding to connections on port 80 using ChromeThis is a PC with a wired connection on Windows 10Will be running Norton Eraser and https://www.expressvpn.com/sup…Jerry
Expert:  Jay D replied 5 months ago.

it seems to be some sort of firewall issue, I would first say to uninstall chrome, reboot the computer and reinstall chrome and see if that helps. if not it is a firewall issue, are you using a norton firewall?