Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I can't sig in to my google account because i forgot my pass

Customer Question

i can't sig in to my google account because i forgot my pass word and they will only send me a link on my mobile phone which doesn't work where I live
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I know what it feels like to lose access to an email account and want to get it back, so believe me I sympathize - but the first thing that comes to my mind as a seemingly practical suggestion (though I do not know your circumstances nor where you live), is:

- If you mobile doesn't work where you live, then can you, or do you, travel to a place where it does? if so, retrieve the email from Google there... and then hopefully, use a web browser *immediately*, since the info the email sends is often time-limited, to use the information provided.

If your mobile phone does not have web-page-accessing capability, then use a public library with terminals, or (at some extra expense) a hired terminal in e.g. a FedEx Office location that has terminals-and-internet-access for hire.

That should get your Google account back again. But as I said, I don't know circumstances... let me know if this advice needs any adding to, or you need further adice, please. I will help as needed.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i can do that, but it will take a long time, you don't have a phone number that I can call on my land line?

No, calling me isn't allowed, etc.

(You can request Phone Call service - for an Additional Fee - and someone here may be able to call you.)

Do you need any further suggestions now?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
not calling you..calling google for assistance

Oh. Google doesn't really have any customer phone #s... they are a 'website oriented' company.

Generally speaking you have to use the one, standard, approach to recovering your password, for a Google account.

Did you register an alternate email address with your Google account, for recover info to be sent to? if so, send it there, check for it there.