My laptop won't boot up. When I power on it wants to fix…

Customer Question
My laptop won't boot...

My laptop won't boot up. When I power on it wants to fix whatever the problem is and then says "restarting may fix the problem" but when I restart I just get the Lenovo screen. It just sits there

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your Lenovo?

Lenovo Edge 2-1580

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Lenovo? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I've had it about a year and this is the first time it has happened

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?

I can't think of anything

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
5/9/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10?

When did this start?

Try this for me first.

Unplug the computer from the wall and take out the batter if applicable while the pc is on.

Hold down the power button for a full minute.

Put battery back in if applicable for your model, plug back into wall and restart normally.

If you dont get a normal screen:

we need to do this special trick to force a repair screen.

Start the computer, then immediately press and hold power to shut it down.

repeat that 4 times, and then the last time when you start the computer do not press and hold power.

It should go to a blue screen menu.