Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Second opinion] Will not print. Told me to unplug power and

Customer Question

Second opinion] Will not print. Told me to unplug power and wait 10 seconds. Did that and same message said "print head missing". I opened the printer ink area, took all ink cartridges out and re-inserted them. Still says missing print head.JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?Customer: Office jet 7612. Using HP 933, and 932 ink cartridgesJA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?Customer: PC wit windows 10. New computer.JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?Customer: since yesterdayJA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?Customer: not that I am aware of. Could the printer need a new driver for windows 10?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jeffrey B replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome.

My name is***** will be assisting you today.

I'm so sorry for the extended wait time. Did you still need assistance with your issue?

Kind regards,

Jeff

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Too late. It looks like I will need to purchase a new printer.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can the print head be replaced on a HP OfficeJet 7612?

Thank you for your reply,

Before we do that, are you able to update the drivers and the firmware of the Office jet 7612?

Kind regards,

Jeff