Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I GOT A MESSAGE FROM MICROSOFT THAT MIGHT ACCOUNT WAS CLOSED

Customer Question

i GOT A MESSAGE FROM MICROSOFT THAT MIGHT ACCOUNT WAS CLOSED MAY 9. i NEEDED A CODE TO RENEW. i GOT THE CODE IN EMAIL BNUT NOW CANNOT FIND THE ACCOUNT. WHAT HAPPENED/
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: WINDOWS 7 TABLETOP
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: NO
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

The message you received was a scam

It was not from Microsoft and has nothing to do with your account
This is what is known as "phone phishing" it is can be a very serious problem if you do let them access your account
Basically what they will do is email a lot of people and say that you have problems. Any actual problems you have will be entirely coincidental.

They then put a link in, ask you to click it and sign in, but you are signin into a fake site, which is made only to get your login details so they can hack your account

Always remember, no legitimate tech support company would ever contact you like this.

Please do me a favor and take a moment to rate my service by clicking the stars above, 3 or more is very appreciated, we can still chat after rating if you need more help.