Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Microsoft Solitaire game's ad: Snickers crispy bar,causes my

Customer Question

Microsoft Solitaire game's ad: Snickers crispy bar,causes my computer to go back to my desktop instead of commencing to the game I'm on. What to do?"
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: I have a Gateway computer, not sure of model, I have Windows 10
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Updates are installed automatically, had one yesterday
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really, the game interruption is annoying and it's been doing that for a couple days now
Category: Computer
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 4 months ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a tech expert with 17 years of experience and will help you as good as I can.

Can you please confirm if I understand correct that whenever that Snickers ad appears, the game crashes back to the desktop - having lost any progress and you need to restart it?

Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
that's exactly what happens. Other ads on the site seem to play and then go right to the game but the Snickers ad causes my computer to go back to my desktop

Thank you, ***** ***** really strange. May I remotely connect to your computer, so that I can resolve the problem for you while you can relax and watch me doing it on your screen? If I am not able to help, you can get a refund and it is a very safe option too because we are an A+ accredited business with the Better Business Bureau. Additionally, you will be watching your screen, and we will chat there as well so that you will always know what I will be doing next while fixing the problem.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No, that's okay, I'll put up with the annoyance right now, don't need to spend the money, thanks, though

Well, it might be a malware infection or a broken system configuration. Logging in to your computer, we could make sure that it´s no malware (and can remove it, if any is being found). Additionally, we can upgrade you to the latest Windows 10 version. Are you sure you are not interested?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Not at this time

If it is about the price, I am offering it to you at $7 right now, because this should be a quick fix actually. What do you think?

Are you still there? I am not exactly sure how you would like to continue, given that you´ve paid $40 for the main question already, it does seem to make no sense to stop at this point now?