Jay D
Jay D, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Business Owner at LCS
46389206

In battery mode, the screen keeps flickering. Any ideas?

JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And how long has the screen been an issue?
Customer: Asus laptop TP500L. Been going on for a few months. Just replaced the battery with to effect to the flickering.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Just the normal push downs.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just clues. The unit is about 1 year old.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such troubles and I will try my best to help you. I'm a computer business owner based in Scotland - UK. I have over 10 years experience in computing and a Bsc Bachelors Degree in Computer Science.

I will try and assist you, please give me a few moments to go over the question and I will look into this for you. Please be aware that we are very busy and you may have to wait for a response, replies to you are not always instant. We appreciate your patience.

It sounds like some issue with the power saving settings, you can change this if you go to control panel and type in power into the search box. then edit the power plan for when the laptop is running on battery so that it doesn't dim the display or change the brightness.

please note that we are on an honor system. I am only credited for my time in the event I receive a 3-5 star rating. I do hope that I have earned a 5star rating from you today. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need anything further. Thanks, Jay

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Trying to locate the display settings in Windows10

its not the display settings it the power settings. right click on the start icon and go to control panel, then in the search box type power settings.