s_feehan
s_feehan, Computer Repairer
Experience:  11 years of repair, 3+ in a professional setting
69400341

HOW DO I REPLACE THE BATTERY ON MY SATELLLITE S50-A,

Customer Question

HOW DO I REPLACE THE BATTERY ON MY SATELLLITE S50-A
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: TOSHIBA
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: NO
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Computer
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 4 months ago.
Hi! My name is***** am reviewing your question now and will return with an answer shortly!
Replacing the battery on this laptop does require you to access internal components. It is not difficult to do, but please do exercise caution.First, you will need to acquire a replacement battery. One source for that is here:
http://www.battdepot.com/us/model/notebook+battery/toshiba/satellite+s50-a-00g/lts239.aspxOnce you have the new battery in-hand, it's time to install it. You will need to start by removing the bottom plate from your laptop (unscrew all visible screws from the bottom of your computer, and gently pull the bottom plate off).The battery is in the bottom right hand corner. Remove the 2 screws and carefully disconnect the battery, and the battery should then be ready to be removed.Simply replace the old battery with the newly-purchased one, re-affix the bottom plate, and you'll be good to go!
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I cannot get all the screws out.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do not see that you can hep me by remote handling
The message you received re: our remote service is automated; you can ignore it.You will definitely need to be able to remove the screws in order to access the battery needing replacement; are the screws stripped or what is the issue with them you've run into?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the screws are not stripped they just will not move.

Regrettably, I'm afraid I can't be of further help if the screws are unable to be removed. I will opt out to allow another expert to jump in if they have further ideas, but it may be more beneficial for you to contact Toshiba re: service.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok thank you
Expert:  s_feehan replied 4 months ago.

Hi there, I have a video guide for you that may be of more use that discusses some of the tools and methods used to do this more efficiently, i think that toshiba uses star bits, rather than all phillips head, in some of them like my Asus laptop does... please have a look here and let me know if it helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wujJ2J4Jsog

Expert:  s_feehan replied 4 months ago.

the video is to show how to replace your DC Jack, but it shows how to remove the bottom cover as well.