Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer with 10 years of experience in Computer Support, and Microsoft, A+ and Cisco certified
23822421

I have been using CorelDraw X3 for some time and a couple of

Customer Question

I have been using CorelDraw X3 for some time and a couple of days ago it crashed. Now when I try to reinstall, I get the Error 1606 mess complaining that "could not access network location...."
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: I have used it for several years and in a previous life was a computer tech
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: nope
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: only that this is very frustrating and hours of searching online have not resulted in a solution
Category: Computer
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 5 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.

Please follow the steps found here ===> https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/error-1606-could-not-access-network-location-autodesk-autocad/td-p/3878187 on the bottom of the page (in green)

They are for Autodesk but the fix works for CoreDraw X3 as well.

Please keep me posted.

Please do not leave me a negative feedback if you are not satisfied with the manufacturer. I do not work for them.
====
Please let me know if you need more assistance by using the reply box below, I'm happy to discuss further. :) If not, please take a moment to rate my personal answer to you.
=====
Remember this doesn't have to be the final communication. We can continue the conversation for no additional charges.

Please read below also:

Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated.

If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges.

If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead.

Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!!
=====

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
As I indicated, I am a long time computer user and I have tried everything on that site. I still can't install my program and I don't want to be charged for something that I not only did on my own, but didn't work any better this time.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have corel installed on my XP machine and it is working fine, although that machine is considerably slower than this one. So why don't you just refund my money - my membership has already been cancelled - and I will live with what I have. It appears that Windows 7 is the culprit and I truly don't think there is anything I can do to make it work again and I am tired of being so frustrated with it.

Then it just seems this version of Corel Draw X3 is not compatible with Windows 7.

However, these guys managed to have it working on Windows 7 SP2 ===> https://community.coreldraw.com/talk/coreldraw_x3_and_older/f/19/t/17664

Please keep me posted.

JOHN

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
As I requested, just refund my money - according to Microsoft, the mentioned service pack does not exist for Windows 7 and I am in no mood to mess with it - I installed an older version of corel and will just be happy with it. I guess the possibility exists that I just could not find that service pack, but no problem cause I no longer need it.