My Logitech mouse stopped working. I changed the battery but

Customer Question
my Logitech mouse stopped working JA...
my Logitech mouse stopped working
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: I changed the battery but that did not help
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes, there were windows updates installed over the weekend
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/18/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Michelle, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I prefer to work online, not my phone

What is the model number of the mouse which stopped working?

I do not think I want you to come online with me
M325?

you want to follow step and not a remote assistance am i correct?

I want to do this online and not my phone
This "offer" is really annoying

is it only the mouse or its a set of wireless keyboard and mouse?

It is a wireless ms and laptop

Remote assistance is an additional service you can ignore if you do not want to avail.

One of updates was Asus Mouse. Could this be problem

What Operating System (OS) is running on the computer?

Win 10
Hello?

You asked me that 9 minutes ago
The laptop and it's mouse are working fine

its just the wireless mouse and not a wireless keyboard correct?

The wireless mouse stopped working after I came home Monday after
Updates were installed

unplug the usb receiver from the laptop

open the mouse bottom panel and remove the battery as well, let me know once done.

Done

Connect the usb receiver to a different usb port on the laptop and then you connect the battery and close the cover there must be a reset or connect button press it and then the mouse should sync fine.

Reset button on the mouse??

yes at the bottom panel of the wifi mouse

I did. Still no mouse

how old is the mouse?

1 or 2 yrs

try uninstalling the usb root hub and reboot computer after that connect the mouse and check.

Rebooting and reconnectin did not help

when you unplug and replug the receiver do you hear any ting sound from the computer

it's more like a trill. Musical

Unplug the mouse and the follow the restore steps given below.

From the Windows 8 Start screen, type "Restore." The top result in the right-side Search panel should be "Create a restore point." Even though that's not what we're doing today, that's the choice you want to make. It opens the Control Panel to the Systems Properties dialog's System Protection tab
Tap the first button on that property sheet: System Restore. This opens a wizard-like dialog, the first page of which says "Restore system files and settings"
Next, you'll see a dialog with a choice of system restore points
Hit Next. Now you'll see the "Confirm your restore point" dialog," which lets you do exactly what it says. Note you can tick the "Show more restore points" box to do just that. You're also prompted to save any open files and make sure your Windows Password *****
Click Finish. You'll then see a final warning dialog telling you that once started, the System Restore cannot be interrupted, with another confirmation button for continuing the process. Click Yes.
Next you'll see a progress timer saying Restoring System, after which a full-screen Windows Update-like screen will display, saying "Please wait while your Windows files and settings are being restored." The process will run through initializing, restoring the registry, and then it will restart.

First of all I said I have win 10
Trying to fillow

Steps are same for windows 8 and 10.

Got it

Thank you.

System restoring to 4.1.17

ok

Still going in circles

please wait it takes time.

I trust that this will work as it will return me to prior to updates . I must discontinue call. Thanks for your help Michelle.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. Feel free to ask if you have any question. Please provide a rating for the service, effort and the time by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page. In case the problem still persist or you have more question then simply use the Reply to expert or click on the “Continue Conversation” button on justanswer email and I will be happy to answer your question. Thank you

Michelle
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist