Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I got the message that Microsoft could not verify my payment

Customer Question

I got the message that Microsoft could not verify my payment for the operating system. I placed TWO orders (by mistake) for the student -educator operating system, and after some delay I paid for BOTH. The name of the systems I received was something like BUSINESS 468, but I do not remember it. I received a formal notification from you for both systems, at a cost of about $165.00 each. I installed one system and I intended to request a refund from you for the second one. I could not lay my hands on these oapers; but the order number you gave me was
***********for product key QC9N8-J9JWB-QCC47-9G291-RX8C9. I wonder what is going on? You can use***@******.*** for your answer. Thank you,. Gunter Kegel
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: The computer is a DELL Inspiron-3847 bought at Staples about 2 years ago.. The operating system i s Windows 10. GK.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes, system updates, after I shut down the computer for the night. Before proceeding with the shut-down I got the message "Do not shut off the computer, it is updating" or something similar. Updating continued for some some time on the next morning, when restarting. GK.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Some while ago I received a telephone saying that I had not paid for my e-mail connection (*****@******.***). I assumed that this was a hoax and did not take any action, but my e-mail disappeared. GK.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jay D replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such troubles and I will try my best to help you. I'm a computer business owner based in Scotland - UK. I have over 10 years experience in computing and a Bsc Bachelors Degree in Computer Science.

I will try and assist you, please give me a few moments to go over the question and I will look into this for you.

Please be aware that we are very busy and you may have to wait for a response, replies to you are not always instant.

We appreciate your patience.

Expert:  Jay D replied 4 months ago.

Hi Gunter, I am guessing from the sound of it that you purchases Microsoft office 365 for business and also the student version, does that sound correct? Did you receive email a for each purchase and a product key for each one?

If you did then it wouldn't likely be possible that you could get a refund as once a product key is disclosed it can't be taken back.