Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I restarted this morning and since my desktop is different,

Customer Question

I restarted this morning and since my desktop is different, can not access files or email or favorites. Tried to restart several times with similar results. Says U can not access my account
JA: Have you contacted anyone about your account?
Customer: No
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No. I was searching internet for restaurants in Ireland early this morning and got a malware notice. When it kept appearing I restarted. Since I have done a sweep for malware and it states the computer is clean.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I check the storage and the files seem to be on the computer, I just can not access
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Byron replied 4 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

you can use System Restore to put your Windows system files back to the condition

they were in before this infection and that should correct things. Can you tell me what version of

Windows is on the computer?

Expert:  Byron replied 4 months ago.

If you're unsure which Windows you have do this: on your keyboard, hold down the Windows logo key to the left of the spacebar and press R.

The Run box will open.

In the text area type: winver and click OK.

A window will open telling you which Windows you have.