I had a strong message on my laptop about a critical error…

Customer Question
I had a strong...

I had a strong message on my laptop about a critical error and to call(###) ###-#### Is it a scam?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your laptop, and what operating system are you running?

HP pavillion, Window 10

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

TurboTax disc

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?

Just wanted to know if it is legitimate or a scam.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
4/1/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Josh, Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Josh, Support Specialist

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Yes, it is a scam!

Is the error appearing as a web page/pop up or does it appear that your computer is infected with a virus/malware?

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.