I just bought a My Cloud Back-up unit. It has no proper USB…

Customer Question
I just bought a...

I just bought a My Cloud Back-up unit. It has no proper USB cable--only a cable to connect to the internet. I have connected the wire to the internet but can't get the unit recognized.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your computer? Have you had problems with the USB port in the past?

I-MAC with sierra OS

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

It appears to be up to date

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of...

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
4/1/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Jay D, Computer Engineer replied 1 year ago
Jay D
Jay D, Computer Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such troubles and I will try my best to help you. I'm a computer business owner based in Scotland - UK. I have over 10 years experience in computing and a Bsc Bachelors Degree in Computer Science.

I will try and assist you, please give me a few moments to go over the question and I will look into this for you.

Please be aware that we are very busy and you may have to wait for a response, replies to you are not always instant.

We appreciate your patience.

Hi that is an ethernet connection, you need to use the software disk that came with it in order to configure the backup drive. Can you give me an exact make and model and I will see if there is a download available for the mac?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
part number WDBCTL0020HWT--10
MODEL WDBCTL0020HWT--NESN
SERIAL # WCC4M1DUFVR1

sorry I sent you the wrong information.. I will look for the download of the software but nee to know if your computer is a windows based machine or if you have a mac?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
MAC with sierra system

Okay I will try and get a download link for the software you need. Jay

Okay you need to click on the following blue link and go down to page to where you see "WD My Cloud Setup for Mac" and click on that do download the setup software - http://support.wdc.com/product.aspx?ID=904&lang=en#WD_downloads

please note that we here at Just Answer are on an honor system. I am only credited for my time in the event I receive a 3-5 star rating. I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating from you today. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need anything further. Thanks, Jay

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry I used this system. Next time I buy a Western Digital product, if it doesn't have a telephone number I will immediately take it back to the seller. I do not blame Jay for this and offer him 3 stars. This system of service does not work for me. It should go without saying that I DO NOT want to have a free trial or start a subscription.

Okay thanks, ***** ***** to click on the stars are the top left of the page to give me a rating, Take Care. Jay