Need to install new password.. I'm 85 years old...I haven't…

Customer Question
Need to install new...

Need to install new password..

Technician's Assistant: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?

I'm 85 years old...I haven't used this computer in several years..

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

My friend got it up and going but it woud not accept my password...

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
4/1/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Are you locked out of your actual computer or a program?

Please respond here with as much detail as you can to continue.