I received an e-mail Wednesday that said that after April…

Customer Question
I received an e-mail...

I received an e-mail Wednesday that said that after April 28, 2016 I would no longer have verizon.net in my e-mail address unless I changed to AOL Mail. I did what I was told. Later I kept getting a box that asked for my password. I put in the new password, but it wasn't accepted. So I put in my old password, but that is not accepted either. The box continues to come up. Also I noticed that the server name was pop.verizon.net at one time and smtp.verizon.net at another time. I have been through a process with Norton to clean up my computer, but this box still keeps coming up. I know both the new and the old passwords, but don't know which server is correct or what password ***** use as neither seems to work.

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had this issue with your A.O.L. account?

Since Thursday evening, I believe.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

That is what Norton did.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?

I guess not. I am not very knowledgeable about the computer, so am not sure what questions to ask. I just need to know how to get past this box and be able to send and receive e-mails again.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
4/1/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Josh, Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Josh, Support Specialist

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

The issue is that the email program is trying to access the old Verizon servers (pop.verizon.net and smtp.verizon.net)

To fix the issue, you will need to change the server information within your email program. Can I connect to your computer to fix the issue?