After inserting Ram, my computer would not boot. I have

Customer Question
After inserting Ram, my...

After inserting Ram, my computer would not boot. I have tried all of the recommendations except going to CMOS to clear. Was hoping there were more suggestions to help. My Gateway is NE56R50u

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?

Gave make and model and I am using Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

For Windows?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?

YEs.........is there a charge for this and how much?

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
4/1/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

If you put the old memory back in the laptop does it boot up OK?

Please reply in the area just below. Thank you.

I'm not sure what you purchased but this is guaranteed to work:

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Gateway/ne56r50u

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No.......I have taken the battery out numerous times, held the on button down to release static elect., taken the new RAM out, put the old in....I have turned on with only the charger inserted...the hard drive attempts to start, but in seconds, it stops. I have done the things more than several times since last night. The only thing I haven't done is taken the CMOS out. I really dread doing that for fear of doing harm.......need to know if that is the only alternative. ALSO, the company that I ordered new RAM from, eventually decided that I really could run that size and said I may have to go to a card that wasn't as powerful. I can't get to all the info because it is on my computer.......I do have the new stick that I can post a picture of it so you can see all the info........I guess you don't need all my answers?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How can you connect when I can't even get on myself? I don't understand.......

Ignore the pop up. It's automated and I didn't send it.

Did you purchase DDR3L low-voltage memory?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am at another computer.......give me a moment to get the stick
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
4 gb DDR3 this was at their recommendation. What indicates whether it is a low voltage or not?

It should say DDR3L.

Does it list voltage such as 1.35 or 1.50 ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No L after the DDR3 and no voltage listing
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Am I able to attach a photo of it where it says +add files?

Do you see a Send Files link on the page?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Only the +add files

Ok. Use that.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I purchased it from MemoryStock, but only info I have is what you are able to see in the picture I just sent you. Nothing came in the pkg with it and all my info is on the computer I can't start. Please tell me if you saw the pictures.

I did see the pictures and the new chip has the Memory Stock sticker on it.

On their website it says that it's 1.5V. The laptop needs 1.35V RAM.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
they sent the wrong one. I have put my old one in......last night. Nothing I try, will allow my computer to boot. What is left for me to do? Did you see where I explained what I had tried any times?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Meant to say **Many times.......not any times.

I did see what you posted earlier. I would have tried the same things you did.

Were you having any problems with the laptop before the memory switch?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The only thing I noticed was that it was getting slower and slower. I constantly am making sure it is maintained; virus is on all the time. I thought W10 might be the culprit, but don't think so. I decided to try more RAM, and it turned back on for me twice, but the third time, it wouldn't. I had gotten in touch with the company when the new addition wouldn't show up in the system. That is why I was told to try something for a third time; that is when everything went down! Would the CMOS removal and putting back do any good? OR, have they managed to crash my computer with the wrong RAM stick?

The wrong RAM should hurt the laptop, it just won't run.

Go into the BIOS and press F9 to load the default settings

and then press F10 to Save and Exit and see if it starts up.

Meant to say shouldn't hurt the laptop.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you for correcting that. :) I can't go into anything.......I would have to take the back off of the computer, hoping it isn't underneath everything else. If it is, I won't go any further.

You don't have to take the back off the laptop to access the BIOS settings.

What comes on the screen when you turn it on?

On your model, you should be able to get in to the BIOS by tapping the F1 key as soon as you start it up.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nothing........it is a blank screen.....so dk blue it is almost the dreaded black screen. I am not making a joke. That happened once to me and that was enough. I'm not a happy camper right now. If I would have been able something on my screen, I would have done what you are suggesting and not pd thirty-some bucks to talk to you. I'm sure you are very nice, but I really need to get this computer up. It has everything on it.......I just purchased MY Cloud an was going to download to it. That is when I realized it was slow.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I only have 2 to 3 seconds before the hard drive stops and then nothing....

You can call Customer Service at(###) ###-####and get a refund.

If you're not even seeing the Gateway logo on the screen when you turn it

on though, that indicates a motherboard problem.

The data on the drive should still be recoverable.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Oh, no. Then the CMOS attempt is not even worth it......right?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Everyone that posted having problems like this, also had that blank screen. They never said anything about motherboard problems. Is there an outside chance it isn't that?

I'm not sure how difficult it is to get the battery out. It may work.

Did people with the same problem get it fixed?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
some did, doing exactly what I was doing......BUT I haven't had the same luck......I must have read over a hundred posts, well into the early hours. I could have missed something. Can I get a copy of this conversation when we are finished and I hope I didn't sign up for months of help. As you can see, this isn't one of those situations.

One thing I can tell is that you do have a subscription. At the top of this page click My Account.

On the next page on the left click Membership.

You'll see the Cancel option on the next page.

I don't have any way to send copies of this. You can copy and paste this page into Notepad or Word and

print it out though.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If you are out of suggestions, then we should probably move on. Thanks anyway.

I can open this up to all the experts. One of them may have a suggestion?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK.....I see the message. Thanks.