How to find deleted history on a download dated before 1/17.

Customer Question
How to find deleted...

How to find deleted history on a download dated before 1/17

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

Dell

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
3/24/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 1 year ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Do you mean you are trying to find out when a file was deleted that you downloaded?

Please let me know

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
don't want to pay additional cost

Ok, whilst you can recover deleted files you cannot actually see when you deleted these.

Do you wish to recover the deleted file?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no

ok, windows keeps no record of when actual files are deleted sorry

You can use software such as netwrix which will monitor this and tell you, it is designed for company servers

https://www.netwrix.com/file_server_auditing.html

It cannot tell you when past deletions occurred but anything deleted or altered once the software is installed, will then be recorded

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
please put money back into account you DID not help me