I have a different sort of problem than you are probably…

Customer Question
I have a different sort...
I have a different sort of problem than you are probably used to. My stepson's girlfriend broke up with him recently and her parents have contacted me saying that he has some questionable content of her in his skype account. He is underage. so is there a way I can have access to his account or have it closed or even erased would be best?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
3/21/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Jay D, Computer Engineer replied 1 year ago
Jay D
Jay D, Computer Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such troubles and I will try my best to help you. I'm a computer business owner based in Scotland - UK. I have over 10 years experience in computing and a Bsc Bachelors Degree in Computer Science.

I will try and assist you, please give me a few moments to go over the question and I will look into this for you. Please be aware that we are very busy and you may have to wait for a response, replies to you are not always instant. We appreciate your patience.

Hi, please click on this link - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contact/virtual-agent/?referrer=www.google.co.uk

It will take you to microsoft/skype support, you can tell them your concerns ans they should step in and suspend the account as it involves sexualised images of minors. Also tell them that you son is under the age of 18 and therefore unable under the law of the US to enter into such an agreement as accepting the terms and usage of skype. This is all I can suggest but should hopefully do it.

If you could give me a star rating for my support that would be appreciated. Thanks. Jay

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I tried your suggestion. Skype however said they will do nothing unless I have all of the account information. I told them I wouldn't be calling if I had the account information. If I had that info. I would close the account myself. My stepson is refusing to give up the information to his account and that is why I am in this situation in the first place. They still refused to do anything. I told them about the legal part you said and still will not help. Would you have any other suggestions?

yes tell me what his name is ***** ***** possible his email address and I can search for his skype username

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
His name is***** number is(###) ###-#### I don't know about his email address. I will see if I can find out.

I will start looking and see if I can find anything.

tell him you have something important to email him and get his email address that way maybe..???

do you live in jackson, missouri? if so I have found his user ID.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
we do live in jackson

okay then I found his ID - untametitan640

I think he also uses this ID for some kind of online gaming called battlefield or some kind of war game...

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That seems right. I think that is the same as his xbox gamer tag. He probably uses the same name for most everything

If I have helped you out and answered your question I would appreciated if you could give me a star rating please. hopefully now you can get skype to resolve this. thanks. Jay