I am not very tech savvy, but I am trying a new online

Customer Question
Hi Andy. I...

Hi Andy. I am not very tech savvy, but I am trying a new online business. I signed on to SKYPE last week to talk with people in the company with no problem. I was signed on to SKYPE years ago under an old email address. SKYPE is recognizing my new email address, only my old hotmail. address. What can I do?

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had this issue with your Hotmail account?

I don't have a Hotmail account. I've had a gmail account for years.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No. When I was scheduled to speak with the people in the company, I somehow was able to. Now SKYPE seems to recognize my user name, lynnbrode, but I don't remember my password. When I ask to reset it, they will only send a link to have me reset my password ***** my old hotmail address which no longer exists.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?

HELP! Oh, and yes. I tried contacting a number that was supposed to be a SKYPE help number. I can find it, if you'd like. They wanted to remotely take over my computer to help me, but I wouldn't allow it because I didn't trust that it was legitimate. They told me that someone in Nigeria is currently using my account.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
3/21/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Martin, Network Engineer replied 1 year ago
Martin, Network Engineer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.
Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Skype account.
When did the problem start?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It started yesterday.

Thank you

Do you know your old and new email addresses?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My old email address is***@******.***. My new email address, which I've had for many years, is***@******.***.

Thanks Lynn.

May I start a remote session so I can take a look at the problem and solve it for you now?

Lynn,

I looked up your old account and it seems to have Skype enabled on it.

What's the error you get when you try to sign in?

Hi Lynn, do you still need help with this issue?