Outlook will not accept my password - either the Outlook or…

Customer Question
Outlook will not accept...

Outlook will not accept my password ***** either the Outlook or the live accounts

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue?

Just today

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Dell Inspiron 15 and Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Dell? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Last January

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?

Nope, just help me get into my Outlook/Live account and I'll update my password, Thank you

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
3/21/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Josh, Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Josh, Support Specialist

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Microsoft/Hotmail is currently having a nationwide outage with their email server and causing thousands of users to be "locked out" of their email account. The issue is being worked on by the Microsoft technicians and it should be fixed within the next 4 hours. Please wait up to 4 hours and see if the issue is resolved. If the issue is not resolved after 4 hours, please let me know so I can check on the outage for you.

Around 95% of the users have been restored access.

Please double check your account now and let me know if the issue continues.

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.