I am installing a a sabertooth motherboard and when

installing windows ten It says...
I am installing a a sabertooth motherboard and when installing windows ten It says I cant install on the hard drive. The hard drive is a wd blue 2TB
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? What version of Windows are you running?
Customer: I put the computer together and installing a brand new windows 10 OS
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no I am just installing the OS
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
3/20/2017
Santonu
Santonu, Computer Support Specialist

What is the exact error message you receive when you select the drive in Windows 10 setup ?

Thanks

cannot install on partitions because it is an efi system and not gpt

Okay, restart Windows 10 setup and when the Windows 10 Setup screen appears, press Shift and F10 to open a command prompt window

Let me know when you are there

I cant get back to the install screen. It takes me to the last screen I was on where it says it cannot install windows on an EFI system only to gpt disks

No problem, press and hold Shift key, press F10

Let me know if it opens a command prompt window ?

it takes me to a recovery screen

Tell me about your installation media. Are you using a bootable flash drive or a bootable DVD to install Windows 10

bootable dvd

And what about the hard drive. Is it a new drive OR you already have files/folders on the drive ?

it is a new hard drive, a WD20ezrx

Okay. We need to start Windows setup again. First, turn off the system (press and hold power button for 10 seconds)

Turn it back on and boot from DVD

When Windows setup starts and first screen of setup appears , press and hold Shift key, press F10

It will bring a command prompt window

I have the command promt window open

Now type diskpart and press Enter

The prompt will be changed to DISKPART>

ok

Then type list disk and press Enter

It will show a disk number (0, 1 etc) and its capacity

Let me know the disk number of the*****

disk 0 status:on line size:1863 gb free 0b

Next, type the following commands, one at a time, press Enter after each

select disk 0

clean

convert GPT

exit

If any command is not successful, it will show an error message.Let me know if you see one

It said partition clean successful. upon exit it is now back to diskpart prompt

Close the command prompt window and proceed with Windows setup. Let me know if it allows you to select the disk partition now

It is now installing, I wont know if It will proceed past this point until it completes preparation. That is where it stalled before

Lets wait and see what happens

When the first phase of setup is completed, it will restart the system. Make sure to take out the DVD drive drive at that point

When the second phase of setup begins, then you may insert the DVD again

I mean DVD from drive

I now have the windows 10 screen up so it appears as though it was successful. Thank you. The life of an idiot like me is made simple by the genius of you.

Thanks for the update..

If you find it helpful, please take a moment to rate my answer. If you need further assistance with this issue, please let me know.

Regards

Santonu
Santonu, Computer Support Specialist
I will give your rating and again thank you for your help.

You are welcome!

Santonu
Santonu
Santonu, Computer Support Specialist