Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

How do I get Microsoft 10 to recognize a cd or dvd, hp

Customer Question

how do I get Microsoft 10 to recognize a cd or dvd
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: hp pavilion version 1607 AMD 8 core processor 8 GB upgraded from windows 7 to 10 and reset and I lost cd/dvd recogonition
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I had a problem and had avg address it, but that may have caused problem, and I thought msn was automatically updating the computer.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I uninstalled office and restarted my computer still no luck the slot where the cd is provide info: Audio TS Video TS, but they are empty folders
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 8 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. When did you upgrade to Windows 10?

Was the cd/dvd drive working fine in Windows 7 before upgrading to Windows 10?

Does this issue occur with all CD / DVD disks?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am not agreeing to a charge of $35.00
to Answer your questions I went to Windows 10 as a pioneer over a year ago and no, I did not have a problem with 7 or 10. I seldom use a cd or dvd on this computer but if I did I did not have the problem until recently.

I'm an independent computer tech. Please let me know if you'd like me to fix your cd/dvd drive issue; we guarantee our service. Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am not paying for your service.

No problem; we are canceling this per your request. If you still need help with your cd/dvd drive issue later on, or if you need help with any other computer issue in the future, please come back any time as you wish; we guarantee our service. Thank you,