IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I reset my pattern lock on my tablet, and now I can not

Customer Question

I reset my pattern lock on my tablet, and now I can not remember it. Tried a factory reset, and I need the stupid pattern to reset it.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your tablet computer?
Customer: on moment, let me find it
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: It's fairly new, got it as a Christmas gift
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It's a Nuvision tablet, android 6.0 operating system. Model number is ***** Build number is *****
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

In case you forgot the pattern lock and can't remember what it is, you can reset the tablet to factory defaults which will erase the pattern lock as well as all the data stored in the tablet internal memory. The external memory (SD card) won't be affected. If you want to do that, let me know and I will provide the instructions on how to properly reset the tablet to factory defaults.

Type your reply below.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
You need the pattern password ***** reset the device
Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

Here is how to reset the tablet to factory defaults which will clear the current pattern lock. Please follow the instructions carefully:

1. Completely power off the tablet
2. When the tablet it powered off, press and hold down the Power button and the Volume Up button at the same time, and continue to hold them until the NuVision logo appears
3. Once you see the NuVision logo, release the buttons
4. It should then display the system menu with several options. Use the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons to navigate through the menu. Select RECOVERY and then press the Power button to confirm (it works as the OK button)
5. The tablet will restart and access the Recovery menu
6. Once you are in the Recovery menu, select wipe data/Factory reset and press the Power button
7. Select Yes -- delete all user data and press the Power button
8. The tablet will then start the factory reset process so wait until it has finished
9. When done, select reboot system now and press the Power button
10. The tablet will restart. It will take a bit longer than usual. You will then be presented with the "Welcome" screen, so go ahead and set up your tablet. You can then continue using it

Here is a video showing how to do it, in case you encountered problems following my instructions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_SXh4U22Sk

Let me know if you could successfully reset the tablet.

Regards,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Did my instructions help solve the problem?

Let me know,