Dan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  25 Years working with computer troubleshooting and networking. Comp TIA A-Plus Certified.
1567601

N my desktop has failed. The computer will not boot! HP

Customer Question

n my desktop has failed. The computer will not boot!
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: HP MXL3421PK6
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: d8c46ut#ABA
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: tHE JHARD DRIVE IS DEAD AND I HAVER REPACED IT WITH A NEW ONE BUT DO NOT HAVE SOFTWAEW. cAN YOU [REVIDE ME WITH A START UP OR RECOVERY DISK?
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I look forward to assisting you today. When you replace the hard drive, you will need a new installation disc for Windows. Unfortunately that means you will need to purchase it through a retailer then install it. You may be able to connect to old drive to your computer using an adapter to copy your old files depending on the condition of the drive.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
dRIVE IS DEAD!
What disc do I need to Purchase?
Jeff
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.

You can continue to use Windows 7 if you like or upgrade to Windows 10? The choice is yours. Which would you like to use?

Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.

Do you have your original Windows activation key?

Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.

If you have your key, then all you would need is the installation CD and you can find then at this LINK.