Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

When I copy files from a DVD onto my computer, not all of

Customer Question

When I copy files from a DVD onto my computer, not all of the files copy. One disk has 21,732 files on it. The other one has 20,609 files on it. After copied onto my computer, the folders have a few thousand less files in them than the number on the DVD's. I labeled th folders and you can access my computer to look for yourself.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Lenovo ideapad 100
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it, thanks.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 8 months ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a tech expert with 17 years of experience and will help you as good as I can.

May I remotely connect to your computer, so that I can directly analyze and resolve the problem for you while you can relax and watch me doing it on your screen? This is a very safe option too because JustAnswer is an A+ accredited business with the BBB, you will be watching your screen, and we will chat there as well so that you will always know what I will be doing next while fixing the problem.
Should you not be interested in this option and would like to solve the problem via this text-based chat instead, just let me know.

Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
remotely connect.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
remotely connect

I would be happy to, but you´d need to accept the offer for that please (if interested). Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is it refundable?

Yes, but if you plan a refund from the very start, I would not be happy to go ahead to be honest, or why are you asking if I may ask?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
When I started, it said my payment was fully refundable.

It is, but if you intend to let me do my work and then get a refund so that you have received a free service, you do surely understand that I will opt out of your question? I am just wondering why are you asking that...

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I want a free service.

Sure, I love working for free, I bet you do work for free as well in your day job? Seriously: Good bye.