GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

I am needing my Microsoft account password and I don't

Customer Question

I am needing my Microsoft account password ***** I don't remember it.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: im looking...
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: IT is a Dell XPS M1530. Originally it had Windows vista but I had it updated last year and put Windows office (I think) on it.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I know of
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 9 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, software, phones, tablets, e-readers, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 9 months ago.

Please try this:

Reset your password

If you can't remember your password, follow these steps to get into your account.

1. Go to the Reset your password page.
  2. Choose the reason you need your password ***** then click Next.
  3. Enter the email address you used when you made your Microsoft account. This could be any email address, or an email ending in a Microsoft domain like hotmail.com or outlook.com.
  4. Enter the characters you see on the screen (this lets us know you’re not a robot), then click Next.
  5. If you've added security info to your account, we'll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you gave us. After you enter that code on the next screen, you'll be able to make a new password.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 9 months ago.

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If this resolves your problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page and then clicking on submit. If you need more help, please let me know. I am committed to working with you until your problem has been resolved. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sounds good. I will give it a try. If I can make it work I'll be glad to rate your service. If I need more help, I will let you know! Thank you!
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I want to try your suggestion. If I can't get it then I'll have you remote in and fix it. Thanks!
Expert:  GeekGal replied 9 months ago.

You're every welcome. Just let me know what you need!