Nathan, Systems Manager
Experience:  Own/operate computer networking/IT company.
59725966

I need citrix to work from home, but when I try to open the

Customer Question

I need citrix to work from home, but when I try to open the application, it downloads an ica file
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: a new Lenovo ideacenter desk top
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Computer
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

The .ica file is what contains the connection information for your connection to your company's citrix server.

It has to be opened from the citrix receiver program.

Go here: https://www.citrix.com/go/receiver.html

Download and install that citrix program

Then from that point forward after you do your citrix login on your company citrix sign in page, you will be able to click the "skip to sign on " button, and then open the .ica file, which will open up in the citrix receiver and connect you from there.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.