Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My lenovo yoga 3 wont go past the loading screen and i took

Customer Question

hi my lenovo yoga 3 wont go past the loading screen and i took it to a technician and they said they need to order parts and just tried to just take my data/pics/docs but they said they couldnt
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Lenovo? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: windows 10 and i currently dont have it with me right now but its the yoga 3
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: nope
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to know if I can send in my laptop to extract all my data files
Category: Computer
Expert:  Tim replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I'm Tim, and have over 15 years of experience with eBay, Google, and the Department of Defense. I'm here to do the best I can to assist you with your problem. If remote access is needed, I will remote in, and call you, as well as provide a free tune-up. Also, follow-ups are always free if more is needed.

SO you took your Lenovo in for repairs and it came back to where it would not boot? What was the problem with it that it had to go in?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I took it for repairs and they updated me that the computer will not boot and they'll have to reorder parts but they cannot do it. So I asked if they could simply just extract all my documents/ pics/ etc and they said they do not have the system for it.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
thank you for your help i'll just be contacting lenovo directly
Expert:  Tim replied 7 months ago.

um, ok.....don't ever go back there.....they straight up Lied on that one, about not getting data off.

Expert:  Tim replied 7 months ago.

so you do not want help now? Leveno will not help you get data off, and will not have an idea of whats wrong with your system, they will have you mail it in.

Expert:  Tim replied 7 months ago.

all you need to get data off is 12.00 device to put the laptop drive in, and then pull it off, anyone can do it.

Expert:  Tim replied 7 months ago.

Good luck with leveno, you will lose 100% of your data when you send it in, but they will be able to fix what ever hardware problem there is.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I havent been able to pick my laptop up but how would you be able to fix my computer ?
Expert:  Tim replied 7 months ago.

I obviously can not fix the hardware problem remotely -