Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  CISCO certified, Microsoft proficient, computing expert.
30970729

Just changed pattern on tablet n phone n forgot already, Rca

Customer Question

just changed pattern on tablet n phone n forgot already
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your tablet computer?
Customer: Rca not sure if I can even tell u model
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Maybe firefox
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: well it is my tablet n my phone I changed pattern on both duh n forgot already
Category: Computer
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

If you have forgotten the unlock pattern then you will need to reset the device.

Tto reset your RCA tablet:

1. With your tablet turned off, press and hold the volume up (+) button. While holding the volume up (+) button, press the tablet’s power button until you see the RCA logo with Nipper and Chipper on the screen. After a few seconds, the screen will change and you will see the Android bot on his back with a caution symbol above him.

2. Now you are going to press and hold the tablet’s power button, and without releasing the power button press down on the volume up (+) button. You should then see the screen below.

3. Use the tablet’s volume up (+) and down (+) keys to navigate to and select the "wipe data/factory reset" option. To select this option, press the power button.

4. The tablet is going to ask you to confirm your selection. Use the tablet volume up (+) and down (-) keys to navigate to and select "Yes – delete all user data." Once again, use the power button to select this option.

5. At the bottom of the next screen, you will see "Data wipe complete." Press the power button to restart the system.

6. The system will begin to reboot and once again display the RCA logo with Nipper and Chipper. The next "Welcome" screen will prompt you to select your language of choice. Scroll through the options using your finger and press start when finished. Congratulations, you have successfully reset your RCA Android tablet.