Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Qualified Computer Professional - 12+ years experience. Expert in Computer Hardware & Graphic Design
50064670

I need to register my new magicjack. I now bought a 5 year

Customer Question

I need to register my new magicjack . I now bought a 5 year plan.
JA: What's the make and model of your computer? And how long have you been using magicJack?
Customer: I have been with magicjack for over 5 years.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I connect directly to the internet plug on the wall. the new magicjack is now connected to my laptop
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 8 months ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

First, you need to plug the magicjack to one of the USB ports of your computer (only temporarily) to register the magicjack and get your phone number.

So, please connect it to your computer's USB port, then wait for the application to show up on your screen. Then click "click here to register" on the left and follow the prompts.

When the registration finishes and you get your magicjack phone number, then try to place a call from the magicjack still connected to the computer. If it works, please ask somebody to call you back with the magicjack still connected to the computer as well.

If all is good, please remove the magicjack from your computer and follow the steps below:

(1) Connect the magicjack to the electric outlet. Also, (2) connect an Ethernet cable to the magicjack's ethernet port and the other end to one of the ports 1, 2, 3 or 4 on the back of the router. And (3) connect a phone to the magicjack's phone jack.

Regards

Jins