Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  CISCO certified, Microsoft proficient, computing expert.
30970729

I just purchased a new phone and it was,,,,,reason

Customer Question

I just purchased a new phone and it was,,,,,reason unknown,,,reset and
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: I just purchased and it was reset, how, I don't know. I cannot
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I cannot get anything on the phone that helps me get my pin, got a confirmation number of G-761619...need to talk to a person,
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: want help getting my pin and signed back into my no phone
Category: Computer
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

What is the make and model number of the phone?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Samsung T377 Galaxy Tab E 8.0 again, want to get the pin #
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have an HP desk top computer
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

If you have set a PIN number on the phone but you have forgotten it, then it isn't possible to get the PIN number unless you have written it down somewhere.

The phone will need to be reset to get it working again.

Resetting the phone will wipe anything you have stored on it, as a safety precaution.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
If I have indeed paid $40 for a simple answer, I didn't understand
You have not called me....there are things I don't know....will this restart
wipe out data not on my phone.....what do I do with the phone to get it reset?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I thought a simple answer was $5 and a conversation was $39....I am very disappointed in paying
for just a few short minutes of your time
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Hello, you did not request a call. We can reply back and forth here aslong as is necessary.

Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

I am user of this site just like you, so I don't have any insight into your account.

JustAnswer offers a convenient way for you to connect with professionals like myself, in a number of different fields, quickly and easily from the convenience of your home.

Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

To do the factory reset:

1. Begin by switching off your device by holding down the Power key for a few moments.
  2. Afterwards press and hold together the following buttons: Volume Up + Home + Power.
  3. You should release held keys as soon as the Samsung logo appears on the screen.
  4. Then select "wipe data / factory reset" by using Volume buttons to navigate and Power key to confirm.
  5. In the next step choose "Yes -- delete all user data" to confirm whole operation.
  6. When the Recovery Mode appears again select "reboot system now" by pressing the Power button.
  7. Good job! The hard reset has just been performed.
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press submit at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)

Let me know if you need anything else at all and I'll be happy to help :)
Pete.

Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.