I switched from my live account and password to a local

Customer Question
I switched from my live...
I switched from my live account and password ***** a local account. Used a password ***** know and use other places. Now I can't log on.
JA: Have you tried having password ***** directions emailed to you?
Customer: ?? It is a local account
JA: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?
Customer: Windows 10 Lenovo Yoga laptop
JA: When did you purchase your Lenovo? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Doesn't even have a DVD Drive
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can't do any troubleshooting as I can't even log on
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
1/4/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

This is an unusual happening but we can try to find out what's going on.

From your login screen, hold down and keep holding the Shift key,

click the Power icon in the lower right corner (far right) and select Restart.

Keep the Shift key down until the Choose an Options page comes up.

Click Troubleshoot

Click Advanced Options

Click System Restore

You're going to be asked to choose an account. I'm just interested in which account shows up on that screen.

Your old one or your new one, or both.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Only the local account showed up and the password ***** not work.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
A number of different options were available however. All still required the same account and password ***** for a Lenovo reimagined to factory defaults.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did the reset and am now setting the laptop as new.
Tech Support Specialist: Michelle, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

check you microsoft account and reset the password ***** that you can try using the user account and the password.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There was no way to logon with my Microsoft account. Only option was to log on using the local user account I created on the laptop. Changing my MS account would do no good as no option to log on using my MS account was available.In the options available was boot up using another device such as a USB drive or DVD or Lenovo tools. Lenovo had the option to re-image the machine to the factory default. All other options I either did not have or required logging on using the local user account.To resolve the issue I was forced to re-image back to the factory defaults and re-setup all my configuration settings and re-install all applications. This done my laptop is again working as expected.

Use another computer and then open the given link to reset the Microsoft account once done then you try on the problem computer.

https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx

Andy, Computer Consultant