Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Experience:  Over 10 years of professional experience.
30759776

I cannot play my .mp3 files! I get "class not registered."

Customer Question

I cannot play my .mp3 files! I get "class not registered." This is unacceptable! (Windows 10)
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: Lenovo desktop
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Microsoft update a few days ago
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Computer
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 9 months ago.

Hi! I'm Eric, a computer expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

I'm very sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing when trying to play MP3 files. Let's see if we can resolve this using the "System File Checker" utility built into Windows.

To run this:

• Open the Start Menu, click on Windows System in your Apps list, right click on Command Prompt, and click on Run as administrator.
  • In the command prompt window which opens, type sfc /scannow, then press Enter.
  • Wait for the scan to complete. Windows will attempt to automatically repair any problems it finds, but do note that it may take awhile.

Following completion of the scan, please attempt to play an MP3 again. If the file plays, GREAT! If not, please let me know so that we can continue working together to resolve this issue.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have already done that test and it completed normally. I tried the .mp3 file again and no luck.

I see that you've request remote assistance. I'm unable to perform that service myself at present, so I will allow another technician to take over at this point.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Whatever it takes
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 9 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

Are you ready to begin the remote session now?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

It appears that your bank or credit card company is blocking the payment, for some reason. You will have to contact your bank or credit card company, let them know that the payment is okay to be processed and that they need to remove the block. Once the block is removed, you may click the "Accept this Offer" button once more to accept.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ready! I don't understand why there is a problem with my credit card... it works everywhere else.

It's just that your credit card company may not recognize this company. You need to contact them and ask them to release the block.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry. I have spoken to the credit card company. It appears you have tried to make three successive charges of $39.00. This is not authorized by me. Please cancel any further activity. Thank you.

I am sorry for the confusion. You clicked the button for the offer of a remote session. The dollar amount next to that button is $39. That is the problem. I will close this question out. Thank you.