John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MCP, RHCE
50152684

Do you call back from Microsoft if install fails, home and

Customer Question

do you call back from Microsoft if install fails
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: home and business2016toshiba
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: not sure
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Someone called and said to connect him to my computer and I have had a lot of calls from someone wanting to connect to my computer and I had to have geeksquad fix my computer
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer which is a independent Q&A and Tech support providing site. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.Could you please provide the following.

Microsoft doesn't call you regarding any install or error or security issue.Is that what you asked ?

Thank you

Note: - You can ignore the secure remote assistance/premium service offer shows in this page. It’s a site generated pop up, you can ignore it by closing (x) that pop up message. Please use the reply box below to reply to me.

Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

If that is what you mean then its a scam.

This type of scamming works in 2 ways

1.Either gain access to your PC then collect the login details by installing key loggers etc.

2.Scam call is used to sell some applications and services .I know you are confused no worries I will explain. What the scammer is trying is to make you believe is that your PC have some kind of serious errors and security threats. Once they had convinced you he will ask you to open a specific program and so that he can access the PC. Once he have access to your PC he will run some applications that shows a lot of fake errors and security threats in your PC. Then will tell you pay for the application so that he can fix the issues. To be honest applications like these will do more harm than good and sometimes system ends up crashing.

Please do not provide access to your PC unless the tech is from a company you contacted also make sure that company you contacted is genuine by checking multiple reviews.

Do not give any kind of your personal or bank details to the person who contacted you.

Collect as much details from the person who contacted you like phone number to contact those, Name of the company and the person who contacted you, office address etc. Most likely they won’t provide much details. You can use these details to file a complaint in the local police station also you can report it on the following sites http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0076-phone-scams

You can also report it to Microsoft using this link: - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/reportascam/

I hope you are clear now if not please let me know.

if you do not have any further questions please rate positively using the options just below this reply box or above this page select the rating and click on submit that will do it. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/

Sincerely,

Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

Checking to see whether you saw my above answer and do you need any further assistance.

If not please take a moment to rate my answer.

Sincerely,