MikeW
MikeW, Computer Engineer
Experience:  32+ years Computer and Networking Experience
9863586

My medion all in one PC P4020 (MD8870) after 6 years of

Customer Question

My medion all in one PC P4020 (MD8870) after 6 years of service is now faltering. On pressing the F11 recovery key and choosing English the mesage was "There is No Factory Image'. Consequently no Windows Operating system.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Can I access my files nd make a backup before I restore . Make MEDION and Model MD 8870 Product Number 8918
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Creeping problems over past few weeks then attempts to reinstall Win 10 that had been installed bout 6 months ago failed. Ms help to dowmload win10 install but when I ran it yesterday it failed halfway thru.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: the code 0x800704BE-0x90017 was quoted
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
When REINSTALL FAILED THE CODE ABOVE WAS QUOTED: the code 0x800704BE-0x90017Further help from MS indicated "There is No Factory Image'. Consequently no Windows Operating system.no login. NBB Can I access my files on the hard drive and make a backup before I restore?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  MikeW replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to assist you with this. It would appear that you have a bad hard drive. That would explain the "creeping problems" over the last few weeks and the missing partition. The chances are that you will not be able to access the drive to recover your data since it appears to have gone all the way out now. But you can remove the drive and hook it up to another computer as a usb external drive and see if you can access it that way.

As for this PC, you should purchase and install a new hard drive before putting the windows back on it. If you need any assistance with that let me know. Here's a link to an adapter that will allow you to hook your hard drive up to another PC.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1KT0H05507&cm_re=sata_to_usb-_-9SIA1KT0H05507-_-Product