Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 12.5 flashing red dot over (2)

Customer Question
Thinkpad's labels . Tablet won't...
Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 12.5 flashing red dot over (2) Thinkpad's labels . Tablet won't start (go to BIOS). Is there are keyboard reset sequence to get the tablet to resumea to BIOS.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
12/31/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and Thank You for choosing JustAnswer.com
My name is ***** ***** I am reviewing your question now, please stand by for 1 or 2 minute for reply.

So, you DID install a new battery?

YOu have the laptop PLUGGED into power?

I mena what you are describing is is completely DEAD power.

But, what your telling me conflicts with the issue your having.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
New AC/DC power adapter is connected & powering the Yoga 12.5 - The Leds flash 3X each time I plugin-in the AC/DC adapter then nothing else.

alrighty......let me see if there is any information about trouble lights, and the amount of flashes.....stand-by

YOu could have a monitor or video card failuire.

Can you connect this laptop to an external monitor?

Do you see anythign on the external?

I mean you need to let it charge until it can power on.

But if the internal monitor is busted.....connecting an external monitor woudl show you the monitor screen working.

But you have to connect it up.....and then tell me the results.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
After PON - What keys re-enable the to BIOS power-on and/or enable battery to recharge. This is the answer I need?

Uhhmmm, the BIOS thing.....when you start a computer......you can enter the BIOS if you press DELETE or F12, or F8. It depends on the computer. But the screen will FLASH what to press to get to the SETUP (BIOS).....if you have a black screen......then you can even SEE the BIOS even if you COULD get to it......the screen is black....right?

The issue about getting the battery to recharge......that is automatic....there are no buttons to press regarding the battery or charging.........that doesnt exist.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
DC adapter, plugged into tablet several days.
No video output from mini- HDMI (there are no other Video ports, except HDMI)!
The laptop Video worked until battery ran down. I tried disconnecting/reconnecting { internal motherboard draining CMOS BIOS power connector along with Tablet Battery for connectors for 1+day(s). Tablet remains stuck at Flashing. I think there is a special set of keys to recover from totally drained battery. What info can you provide about re-enabling tablet PON?

you think there is a special set of keys?

not that im aware of....or ever heard of.

.

tablet PON?

whats PON?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
PON =="Power ON"

uhmm, Reenableing Power ON.

no offense....but thats not a thing.

therr is no switch that turns off the ability to power on the tablet.

They only have a power button.

Thats how you power it on.

The fact that you OPENED it up SCARES the crap out of me.

AND you disconnected the BIOS battery?

YOu might have damaged somethign, or forgot to hook somethign back up......i cant be sure.

We could run in circles all day.

Theres no way for me to know anymor.e

i have had MANY tablets....and if it wont power on....theres somethign internally WRONG.....thers no special keys to power it on.

Theres no special keys that Enable getting to the BIOS.

Either it powers on or it wont.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Recommend referencing IBM''s repair manuals?
Let me how to re-enable/resume/restart Lenovo's Yoga 12.5 tablet PON.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
zFYI "BM support and explained the situation.
The guy on the other end then let me in on the secret power button
code to revive your dead Thinkpad. After assessing the situation
(totally dead laptop) he warned me: “Okay, this is going to sound
totally bizarre, but I want you to give this a try…” He then had me
unplug the AC adapter and take out the battery. Then, you
push the power button 10 times in a row at one second intervals.
Next, you push and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Then you put
the battery back in and push the power button… and she lives.
The computer came back, good as ever."
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What is Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 12.5 Tablet's reset method (something like the example I provided).
Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070