Not computer having trouble with home entertainment system

Customer Question
that was installed by geek...
not computer having trouble with home entertainment system that was installed by geek squad several years ago I really need to have someone to come and trouble shoot my system I can't seem to get to the right department to do this
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: they are so many cables I would not know where to start
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: the problem is with dvd player it is not connecting with tv I am getting a black screen with message hdmi 1
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
12/31/2016
Tech Support Specialist: technicalcat, Consultant replied 10 months ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant

Hello, and thank you for using this service.
I will help you now.

We do not provide service in the home, but I can call you and help you fix the problems you are having if you'd like.

This is not what I requested geek squad installed home entertainment system and need someone to come to home and trouble shoot I just spent 40$ and problem not corrected
Is anyone there
I would like for my 40$ be refunded because this is not working we cannot fix problem by chat I need someone to come to home and troubleshoot and I realize you guys don't do that I blame Best Buy for the confusion
Tech Support Specialist: Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist replied 10 months ago
Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist

do you wanty somebody to come to your house to fix the issue?

Because we cant do that.

you didnt pay anythign YET....its all pending charges.....youdont pay unless you RATE......and you cant rate because we are not allowing you to rate yet.

but, if you want to know more you woul dhave ot contact JA customer service.

But, i do know ALOT about home theatre...i used to work for Dish network, and i have setup countless number of home theatres.

The DVD player....can you follow the VIDEO cable that comes out of it?

Where does it plug in? YOu will need a flashlight.

Usually the DVD player will use a HDMI cable.....but it might be using RCS cables....it just depends.

The point it.....you need to find out WHERE the DVD video signal is being sent.

If it goes to a HOME THEATRE receiver.....thats fine......look at the label of the port where the DVD cable plugs INTO the HOME THEATRE RECEVER.

But i cant be sure HOW yours is setup unless you tell me. every home theatre is different.....but still follow a general way of connecting.....there is only so many options.

theres is really only 2 ways of connecting devices such as DVD players, game device (xbox) or other devices.

the first method is to plug all devices STRAIGNT into the TV......so there is a cable going from the DVD player to the TV, to a specified input.

remember TVs today have MANY MANY inputs. and when you change form one device ot another you change the input on the TV.

.

The second method is to use a HOME theatre receiver.

in this method all the devices connect to the home thetre receiver....and a single cable goes form the home theatre receiver to the TV.

So, when you change devices from cable box to DVD player......you change the input on the home thetre receiver instead of the TV. YOu would leave the TV on the same input all the time.

Thats basically the only 2 methods on connecting up Home theatres.

there are other ways.....but this is the only 2 general ways.

So.....in the past.....when you wanted to change from watching regular TV (like cable Tv box or satellit box) to watching a DVD on the DVD player......what would you do?

DO you change the input on the TV,,,,,,or do you change the input on the Home theatre receiver?

like i said i know ALOT about home theatre.......and yoru is no different.

what matters is how the cables connected.

If you have to get behind there with a light, and start making notes......then you have to do this......if i was there you could sit on the couch and watch...but im not.......and YOU have to do the dirty work, but i will guide you the best way i can.

you havent said a thing....are you there?

I'm a 68 year old male and not a real tech savey person that's why I paid best buy geeks to set up my home theater system and everything has worked fine until about 6 months ago I will try to find someone too come and troubleshoot problem

Well, i understand.

I woudl help you.....and we could have gotten it.....if you wanted to pursue it.

But if you are declining further help......pleasee rate at the top of the page, on the help you did get.

Thakn You!

If I rate then I will be charged the 40$ is that correct as I said all I wanted is for a technician to come and troubleshoot and would have been glad too pay for services

i can guide you through the issue...you dont need to have a tech.

But if you want to pay WAY OVER $40 for a tech....go for it.

Fixed it myself your last comment pissed me off so I started troubleshooting myself and got lucky
Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070